Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Here goes nothin...

I'm a blogger? I suppose I am now. I have always had sort of an anti-blog stance. I don't think I have very important things to say most of the time. Sometimes I just ramble, other times (these occasions are rare) something semi-profound will flow out of my fingertips and through the keyboard. It's hit and miss really, and I am writing to no one in particular. So if you're reading this, you may or may not walk away with something of value. I'd like to think of this blog as a step towards more transparency as I walk this journey of faith.

   I guess I should start with an explanation of the name. "Miles From Ordinary". It's from a song- cliche? Perhaps. But it describes my life- especially during the times when I have allowed God to lead me. Thankfully I have done this enough that this ride has been anything but ordinary so far. While this is true, I have also added to the extraordinary factor of my life by giving God many opportunities to extend grace my way. This means that I've screwed up a lot. When I say a lot, I really mean exponential amounts. Truly. So I'm gonna write about life, in particular: mine. Maybe people I know well will be glad to have more insight into the happenings of it, maybe people I know sortakinda will be glad to know what is behind my smile as they see me scurry from place to place around campus, and maybe someone I don't know at all will be glad that they have a better blog than someone out there ;) So I'll give this thing a shot- maybe write something worthwhile tomorrow. That's all for this unnecessary introductory post. (What can I say? There are some formalities I just enjoy, such as proper greetings.)

::By His Grace & For His Glory::

1 comment:

  1. Blogging was a bit weird for me at first too, but the great thing about it, is it is what you make it, there are no limitations to what you write about; personal or not. And hey this is a pretty sweet blog!

    ReplyDelete