Saturday, September 3, 2011

We're Built For More Than This World

So just over a month ago I started this thing. Obviously I haven't made much progress with it. That means one of two things: either life is crazy busy or I am lazy. It's actually both. Life is crazy busy so when it isn't I take the glorious opportunity to be lazy. Today I am worn out. I have been playing soccer for a month (3 a days, then 2 a days, now finally just one a day practices! woo!), then last week Student Government started up. Running back and forth between meetings with coaches, advisers, peers, staff has made me a tired woman! In the midst of me running around like a chicken with my head cut off, God showed up. Isn't it funny how we are always shocked by Him? Why am I surprised every time I see His face? Golly this gal needs more faith. Anyway, He showed up in the way He most often does. In His people.
 

I was able to sit down with roughly 23 young women this week and hear their stories. When it was all said and done I came to one conclusion: We are desperate for a Savior. The brokenness and hurt that some of my dear friends feel brings me to tears; yet, I can't help but smile through them. Because of the brokenness they've experienced and the hurts they have felt, they are crying out for something different. The world is not as it should be, and they have felt that reality full force. Some of them faithfully cling to Jesus while others struggle to understand how He allows such bad things to happen. But I can tell that ALL of them know they were built for more than the brokenness they have experienced. They have reminded me that I am built for more than the brokenness I have experienced. I'm reminded of a C.S Lewis quote (the guy was brilliant). "If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." Clive doesn't have to say much more to convince me: We're built for more than this world. So now what? To be honest I'm not quite sure.What I am sure of is this: I want to live like the things of this world are going to come to pass. Because guess what-->they are. The hurts, pains, wrongs, sins, lies, misleadings, hardships, struggles will ALL come to pass leaving nothing for us to do but praise forever. I long for that day! For me, but even more for those who have experienced much more than I. But like I said before, God shows up in the middle of it all. He shows His face and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.


 
I am beyond thankful for it. 

I am thankful that He looks like 23 young women whose spirits groan for more than earthly desires. I am thankful that He looks like a man who struggles with sin yet rises from the wreck to meet the needs of so many people, most of whom will never be able to repay him. I am thankful that He looks like people who, despite everything, just won't let me go. I am thankful that He looks like the hurting, helpless, homeless, hopeless people in my life. I am thankful that He looks like you and I am humbled that on days when I wholly desire Him, He looks a little like me too.

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. --Genesis 1:27

::By His Grace & For His Glory::





No comments:

Post a Comment